Tuesday, December 29, 2009

what a year

As 2009 closes I've spent a lot of time thinking about the changes that have taken place in one short year. I've blogged here and there all throughout the year and decided to touch on some details that either weren't included yet or that were important enough to add again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The first big change was moving to Grandpa and Grandma's house back in April... It was difficult but the kids had fun meeting new friends and starting new schools. Devin grew this sunflower from a single seed. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G....

We spent soooo much time in the water during the summer months. Between the Legacy Center, the Outdoor Pool and the Classic Fun Center we were like fish. We'd pack a bag with fruit, drinks and toys and be off. And no, I STILL didn't get a descent tan. Not in my D.N.A....

Between swimming pools we went to the park, played with friends, played with cousins and enjoyed the nice, warm weather. (Which feels like an eternity ago.) I miss you S.U.M.M.E.R....

Taylor played soccer. He spent a lot of time practicing and learning new skills. We had a lot of fun watching him grow and become even better at a sport he L.O.V.E.S....

Taylor had a big year turning 12 and receiving the Aaronic priesthood. Derek came up and conferred this amazing power to him and it was a very special day. P.R.O.U.D...


Melissa and I spent months in the gym running and doing all sorts of aerobics. (Even though I didn't lose a pound, also not in my DNA) It was so much fun to have someone as motivated as she is pushing and pulling me along, which is what I need when it comes to torturing myself with running. It payed off though, we ran our first 5K together in August and I ran EVERY step of it which accomplished my goal. We are going to run another one in April so I gotta stop slackin and start hitting the track again. J.O.Y....


Cookie-Dough Bradley had 6 kittens. Luckily I found 6 homes for them by going to the parking lot at Wal-Mart and putting up a sign that said: FREE KITTENS!! GOING FAST!! People are so G.U.L.L.I.B.L.E...

We had to say goodbye to Cookie Dough to make room for Papa's new baby, Zorro. K.I.S.S.E.S...

I had a phase where I wanted a different look.
Oh B.A.B.Y....

It didn't last long.
I'm back to N.O.R.M.A.L...?

Valyssa wanted a change too. Her hair was getting soooo long but her and Devin took care of that...

B.E.F.O.R.E...

A.F.T.E.R...

Derek and I officially got a divorce. Taylor and Zac live with him and Devin and Valyssa live with me. We still enjoy spending time together as a family and do so as often as we can. It's been the hardest thing any of us have had to face and we are trying to do the best we can from here on out.
We love our kids so M.U.C.H....

Halloween was fun, I'm so glad to live up here by Melissa, she makes things so much fun. We were in the gym so much this year that it only seemed natural to dress like 80's workout girls, right?
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E....

My little rock star D.E.V.I.N...


Taylor dressed up for a murder mystery party with his friends.
Curtis ~ Chris ~ Taylor
F.U.N.N.Y....

The crew at the trunk-or-treat.
Witches, cheerleaders, cowboys, Hanna, spider-man and Zorro.
C.U.T.E...
Another fun adventure with Derek, me and all the kids on Christmas Eve. We love Jump-On-It and spend so much time there. I think we're getting close to being part owners by now.
Boogie Woogie ~ Lucyduck ~ Valyssa or you can call her W.H.A.T.E.V.E.R....

Zac is so fast, he's like a B.L.U.R.R.R....

Devin set up some mats and cleared them, no P.R.O.B.L.E.M...


Derek got a workout trying to keep up with the K.I.D.D.O.E.S...


Taylor posing
U.P.S.I.D.E..D.O.W.N...
Cant see my face very well but that's me trying to re-live the glory D.A.Y.S....


This year we are looking forward to lots of fun events like Devin getting baptised and Valyssa starting Kindergarten. I hope it will be memorable and look forward to blogging about the special events in our lives. Thanks to all our friends and family for your support.
Love,
The B.R.A.D.L.E.Y.S...

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post!!! It has been a crazy year but also a good one! You are such a strong person and I want you to know I love you so very much and I miss my sister living by me!!! Here's to 2010! Please be good to us! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an eventful and fun filled year. It's nice to hear how everything is going. It was fun to see you when we stopped by in Dec. Keep up the blogging, (it's the only way we know what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures and look forward to tons more time at the gym with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that toe touch is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!! I loved this post. It is so great that you all got to spend Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete